Friday, October 3, 2008

Nancy Pelosi to Investigate.........Democrats?

Today, after the worst bill in the world passed the House, Nancy Pelosi announced that there would be quick congressional hearings to determine what had happened and what brought the country to this financial bailout.

Attention Madame Speaker of the House: Please let's save the American tax payers time and money. Watch these two videos. Then very carefully....turn to the following members of your party and remove them from their Chair positions.

Congressman Barney Frank & Senator Chris Dodd should be the first to go. Can you throw in Charlie Rangel for good measure as well?

I would, however, like to praise one particular Democrat who appears in one of these videos. Rep. Artur Davis from the State of Alabama actually came out on September 30, 2008 and made the following statement:

"Like a lot of my Democratic colleagues I was too slow to appreciate the recklessness of Fannie and Freddie. I defended their efforts to encourage affordable home ownership when in retrospect I should have heeded the concerns raised by their regulator in 2004. Frankly, I wish my Democratic colleagues would admit when it comes to Fannie and Freddie, we were wrong.

I am sure that Nancy Pelosi will have him testify during those hearings......don't cha think?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exactly! Nancy Pelosi knows full well what happened, why, and who is responsible. I'm sure the hearings will be a joke as they try to find some Republicans to blame. (But if there were any, she'd have found them already!) I wanted to throw something at the TV today as they praised Barney Frank for all his wisdom and hard work! Do they know how ridiculous they are?

I'm impressed that Rep. Davis took responsibility. Finally someone with a scintila of integrity.

I was pleased that Bill O'Reilly did for me what I can't do, put Barney Frank in his place. It'll be a cold day in hell before Frank, Dodd, et al take any responsibility.

Anonymous said...

Nancy Pelosi points fingers away from herself and her liberal friends.There is enough blame to go around for this financial mess and hopefully the voters in her district will do the right thing and vote her out of office !
Obama,Dodd,Frank and Schumer all recieved large sums of money in campaign donations.One wonders if this money influenced their vote in congress !
I hope McCain brings up Obama's sum of over $120,000 donated.

Anonymous said...

Should have said that these donations were from Fannie Mae

Anonymous said...

There are a large number of reasons behind the financial collapse going on in this country. Unfortunately, the Republicans and President Bush have somehow managed to project themselves as champions of big business, self regulation, trickle down economics, deregulation, and out of touch with the working population. I make no claims as to whether this is true or not, but that is how they are perceived.

I would like to state that in my opinion the people mentioned did a great deal to reinforce those notions, and in doing so, made themselves easy targets when main street was asked to bail out wall street.

Whether you agree or not with how this was handled, the Republicans had a losing hand. More to the point, Pelosi could have danced on the President's desk while drinking martinis, and America would still have been pissed at Bush.

I am not a big fan of Franks, hate this bailout bill, but at the end of the day, like most Americans, I think the Republicans need to be held accountable for this situation moreso than Democrats. Spin it however you want, but that's my opinion on the whole mess.

Stacy said...

I agree that there were other issues that have contributed to this mess. One of which is the price of oil. When gas prices hit $4, the price of everything went up. Those who held subprime mortgages and were on the border could no longer afford to pay. If someone tells me that the Democrats aren't responsible to this too...I might just pull my hair out.

Smart Girl Politics ©Template Blogger Green by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO