Monday, October 27, 2008

Do You Really Want The Media To Hear You?....Are You Ready to Take A Stand?

On Wednesday night, Barack Obama will take thirty minutes of precious airtime from three of the major networks. CBS, NBC, and Fox will be broadcasting his half hour info-mercial beginning at 8:00 pm. Fox will be pushing the start of the world series game for fifteen minutes in order to air the commercial. They pushed back the World Series......that doesn't worry you?

Is anyone else creeped out by this whole media buy? I know there is a historical reference to Ross Perot doing the same thing during his campaign run, but I remember that being quite creepy as well. Will there be subliminal messages intertwined into the ad? Just kidding...or I am?

The only major news channel that is not running the Obama advertisement is ABC. For what ever reason, they will keep their struggling show, "Pushing Daisies" on at it's regular time. It really is a good show. It probably deserves getting an additional audience of hundreds of thousands that night.

If you really want to send the Main Stream Media a message, do not turn on those three channels Wednesday night. Do not turn it on for even one second. Do not TiVo or record it on your DVR. I know there will be the temptation to watch just out of curiosity, but fight the urge. You know it will be played and overplayed on the Internet afterwards. If you have to watch it, wait for the Internet.

Instead, make the conscious decision to watch ABC that night. Give Pushing Daisies a helping hand while telling Barack Obama, "thanks, but no thanks" at the same time. There are very few times in your life where you can make a real impact. This could be one of those times. Of course, the other is November 4th.

Are you going to stand up to the Main Stream Media or reward Obama's $3 million ad buy?

17 comments:

The Lonely Conservative said...

Tonight's Phillies/Rays game was suspended due to weather. With any luck the game will be finished tomorrow and the Fighting Phils will win and there won't be a game 6. If there is a game 6 and Obama takes up game time, he may lose PA and FL. Either way it's win-win!

No matter, I will not be watching Obama's infomercial.

Keep up the good fight!

not a dem anymore said...

I won't watch but I was told if he does not get the ratings that night the networks will have to give him free air time. I don't know if that is true. I say just turn off your television for 30 minutes. Conserve electricity all over America for 30 minutes. ABC does not deserve the ratings.

Anonymous said...

I will not be watching The Obama Circus, period. Never even considered it. Most voters have heard him over and over and over; so unless he’s going to sing and dance to a new tune or have his whole family sing “Edelweiss” a cappella, why bother?

I find it interesting that a man that preaches hope and change has spent such an enormous amount of money on stage props and staging that could have actually done some hope and change for an awful lot people. It’s scary to think that this clown could actually end up in the Whitehouse.

Anonymous said...

people need to start taking over local TV stations. To stop the Obama propaganda machine. Major media is just reporting to the sheep of the country. Those that don't ask questions.

sarainitaly said...

I love Pushing Daisies! Much better viewing then the Obama Variety Hour.

sarainitaly said...

I posted this on my blog. I hope it is ok. :O)

Anonymous said...

I've never seen "Pushing Daisies", but it looks like I will be tomorrow night!

Perot was a bit hypnotic in his special back in '92. Something about the graphs and all, but I don't see Obama doing that. Given his latest "spread the wealth" nonsense, it's obvious he doesn't know enough about economics to graph it.

Stacy said...

Great posts.
NDA-How is that any different than the free ad time he gets now? ha ha
Also, I know you don't want to help ABC, neither do I, but it would send a stronger message if they all of a sudden had a huge increase in their 8pm share.

AGI...help yourself any time. It's all about spreading the wealth.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hah! I just set my TiVo to record Pushing Daisies ... !

On the other channel it will be recording the O'Reilly factor!

That way, my wayward teenager can't watch Obama! (Luckily, she is too young to vote.)

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing post.

It is likely you will delete my comment because it doesn't support your point of view.

But just in case all I want to know is, What conservative principle would endorse limiting television networks from selling the air time that is their means of generating revenues?

You obviously have the ability to turn the channel or leave the TV off but if they want to sell air time to Spot the Yodeling Dog isn't that the stations/networks perogative?

McCain, barr, Paul, Nader and anyone else can do the same thing if they so desire.

RJ

Stacy said...

RJ-You miss the point. I don't care if Obama spends his money on an ad. I don't fault any of the news organizations for letting him buy the time. The point is that there IS a media bias and this is one way to show we won't take it any more. It's not actually about the commercial.

Anonymous said...

Stacy,

Thank you for the clarification.

RJ

Anonymous said...

Definitely not watching. It sickens me that he is handled with kid gloves by the mainstream media. I am just amazed that people fall for his demagog-speak. Anyone who votes for him because they want something different than Bush has no idea that their vulunerabilities are being exploited and do not comprehend that they are selling out the American way of life as they know it for 'change'.

PTA Mom from Maryland said...

...the Democratic Party [has] formally nominate[d] Barack Obama as its candidate for President of the United States.

"It's the triumph of fraud."

"I've spent the past two months immersed in data from the 2008 Democratic caucuses. After studying the procedures and results from all fourteen caucus states, interviewing dozens of witnesses, and reviewing hundreds of personal stories, my conclusion is that the Obama campaign willfully and intentionally defrauded the American public by systematically undermining the caucus process."


"I have been a Democrat my entire life, but I will not support the Democratic Party at the cost of democracy."


[www.lynettelong.com]
(98 page report at above website)

Anonymous said...

I will ber in church and even if I was home would not watch him! He gives me the creeps. I do not trust him at all. So far all he has proved he is good at it lying and spreading vicious rumors.

A MS mom

Christina @ Route Bliss said...

I actually watched PBS all evening :)

Smart Girl Politics ©Template Blogger Green by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO