George W. Bush has been in office for 71/2 years. For the first six years, the economy was fine. A little over one year ago:
- Consumer confidence stood at a 21/2-year high
- Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon
- The unemployment rate was 4.5 percent
- The Dow Jones hit a record high of 14,000-plus
- Americans were buying new cars, taking cruises and vacations overseas-living large!
But Americans wanted "Change." So, in 2006 they voted in a
Democrat Congress. And, yep, we got change alright:
- Consumer confidence has plummeted
- Gasoline hit $4 a gallon
- Unemployment is up to 6.1 percent
- Americans have seen their home values drop by trillions of dollars
- 1 percent of American homes are in foreclosure
- The Dow Jones is probing another low--nearing 11,000--and $2.5 trillion has evaporated from our investment portfolios.
Yep, in 2006 America voted for change! And we got it--a
Democrat Congress led by Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.
Now the Democrats' candidate for President claims he's gonna
really give us change! Just how much more "change" do you thing you can stand?
The fact of the matter is that it has been the do-nothing Congress with their pitiful 9% approval rating that have landed us in this current position. I have my own beef with President Bush. The fact that he has approved almost every spending bill this Congress has sent him is aggravating. However, many of the issues occurring today cannot or could not have been changed by Bush alone. Bush does not write bills, Congress does.
What bills have they written? Nothing significant that would help every day citizens. Yes, the bi-partisan Congress passed a stimulus package, but it was too late to stop the downfall. Have they taken ANY steps to reduce our dependency on foreign oil?
Republicans were voted out in 2006 because of the war and corruption. Well, the war is going better, and now the Democrats have the majority on corruption....Senator Dodd, Senator Rengle, Congressman William Jefferson.
Finally, a thought for my friends here in the Ohio Valley and for that matter OH, PA, WV, and MI......who runs your local, county, and state governments? How many of your Congressman and Senators are Democrats? I know this area. These areas have continued to lose jobs and population for decades and in MOST cases, the Democrats have run their governments for DECADES.........To agree with Mr. Bastl above, it's time for change...just not the change Obama offers.